Be a Part of the Solution
You can make a difference in the lives of animals who cannot speak for themselves, help us to protect animals and help to prosecute those who abuse them.
It is illegal to neglect, abuse, torment or torture an animal.
It is illegal to steal or kill a pet.
It is illegal to participate in dog-fighting even as a spectator.
- Be aware.
- Learn to recognize animal cruelty.
- Know who to call to report animal cruelty.
- Provide as much as information as possible when reporting animal cruelty.
- Call or write your local law enforcement department.
- Know your state’s animal cruelty laws.
- Fight for the passage of strong anti-cruelty laws.
- Set a good example for others.
- Talk to your kids about how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
- Support your local shelter or animal rescue organization.
ARFF is working to provide links to animal control departments in each county in the state of Florida. To report animal abuse or neglect in a county CLICK HERE. The Florida Animal Control Association is also a good resource for information about local animal control agencies.
Report abuse of wild animals: If you witness illegal hunting or fishing, or the capture or killing of a protected species, please report it by calling the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Wildlife Alert Reward Program: 1-888-404-FWCC (3922). Phones are answered 24-hours a day, seven days a week. You may remain anonymous, and be eligible for a reward. You may also report less urgent incidents online.